Thursday, September 23, 2010

Three Things Thursday

This will be a short one for me, as things are hectic and not so great on my end (see below):

1. I wanted to draw more attention to the great virtual races I am doing on October 10th.

Running Diva Mom is having a virtual 10k race with lots of great prizes, including one for the most creative race bib. Check it out here:
http://runningdivamom.blogspot.com/2010/08/running-diva-moms-101010-10k-virtual.html

Marcia over at Running off at the Mouth is once again raising more money for Lupus by holding her own 10/10/10 race, which can be a 10K, or any other use of the number 10 (10 miles, 2x5k, etc) She has been a superstar at fundraising this year, and she is also gathering some great prizes:
http://teamarcia-runningmouth.blogspot.com/2010/09/power-of-10-race-to-finish.html

Finally, Laura over at My Reason to Run was the first to organize a 10/10/10 race, Jog for Joubert Syndrome. Cost is $10 to get in, but the funds do so much to help research to find a cure for this rare and relatively unknown disease. Plus, there are prizes, including one for most referrals, so tell her that runninglawyer sent you!

http://myreasontorun.blogspot.com/p/fundraising-ideas.html

2. My mangled body is coming back together after the half, although I am still facing some pain in my big toe. Many people have said I will likely lose it, but I have some faith, and am taking the wait and see approach. Still no plans for another half in sight, but I am starting to focus on my fall/winter races, trying to get money together to register for them.

3. My mom has been hospitalized for the past couple of days. They found a large growth in her abdomen that will be removed via surgery in the next couple of days, and then biopsied. Needless to say, I am concerned, more like a nervous, depressed wreck. As a result, I will be stepping away from this blog for a while, until I can get things on track with my life. I will keep you updated when I can, and hope that it turns out to be just a quick surgery and recovery time, but the biopsy and possibility of the big "C" word scares the hell out of me. Thanks for understanding.

5 comments:

  1. Take as much time as you need to! We have been in that boat before; its no fun. I will keep you in my thoughts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll keep your mom in my thoughts and prayers. Take all the time you need.
    HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the half marathon! Best wishes for you mom, and a speedy recovery too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just saw this now. Thinking about you and your family. Sending strength.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Speedy recovery to your mom (and you).

    ReplyDelete