Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Officially Signed Up

So despite my little setback yesterday, I went ahead and did something I should have done ages ago: I signed up for my half marathon!

I wanted to do a half marathon in the fall, since I am not much of a winter runner (ok, I've only been a treadmill runner in the winter so far, but I'm hoping to get out there and run in the crazy Ottawa winter this year). There really are only two half marathons in the city: The Canada Army Run, which has a 1/2 marathon and a 5k, or the Fall Colours Half Marathon, which also has a marathon, a 1k, a 3k, a 5k and a 10k. This half marathon route is hilly and apparently much more challenging, so I decided to go for the Army Half. This means two things: I am going to get another dog tag medal to go with the medal from my Ottawa City Chase medal, and I am going to have a pretty unusual first anniversary!

Yes, I managed to get my dear husband to agree to me running off and going 21.1k in the morning, with a celebratory piece of wedding cake afterwards. I am even trying to convince him that he will be ready to run a 5k by that point. I am hoping it will be something we can participate in together.

So today was pretty crazy, I was trying to pack and finalize all the details for our trip this weekend to Niagara Falls and Toronto, and I had a phone interview for a full time, non-law job. They seemed impressed, so I have been scheduled for an in-person interview on Friday. Wish me luck!!! Finally I recieved a package via FedEx as part of our finalist prize for the Family with S'mores contest: a 35lb box flled with Hershey chocolate bars, graham crackers and marshmallows!!! That's a lot of chocolate!

I'll try to check in by Friday of this week, but to hold you over until then, head on over to fellow blogger Kat's post and you could win a copy of Chicken Soup for the Runner's Soul:


http://katmovingforward.blogspot.com/2010/08/give-away.html

Good Luck!!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on both signing up and your interview!

    I know what a relief it is to actually be 100% committed to a race. If your husband can do the 5k this year, maybe you could make the 1/2 an annual thing starting next year? It's totally feasible to train for that distance within a year... I did!

    Can't wait to hear about it - I keep seeing the ads in the Running Room magazine and it looks like a really good race.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your registration and next phase in the job hunt! You will crush both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on all the big news in your life! -Anniversary, race, job interview...big things happening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job with the race registration... how fun if you can get your husband ready to run that day too and nothing better than refueling with wedding cake! Good luck with the interview. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on signing up, and thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete