Thursday, June 30, 2011

Amazing Story - Brother Love

Ok, so I am not one to be overly sentimental or anything, but I read this story, and it got to me, hard.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20110613/LIFE01/306130018/Kids-triathlon-strengthens-brothers-bond

So many of us complain about the things we can't do, or the things we don't think we do well enough, complain about the weather or how tired we are, but how many of us give ourselves like this little boy did? How many of us have the mentality that we can do anything, it just takes some hard work? That every run is worth smiling about, because we have the ability to get up every morning, brush our teeth and hair, feed ourselves, dress ourselves, and run? I know I often forget about that sentiment, and this little boy just reminded me to suck it up and do my best, but also that it is always an amazing thing to help others.

Just WOW.

So go out there and do some good today. I'm going to try and pay it forward in the next couple of days by helping someone who needs it, without thinking about my race time, without complaining about the effort or time spent to make someone smile.

Race reports will be coming soon - just waiting on photos! I can tell you, the runs were both hot and sweaty, and I survived both of them. More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment